Tuesday 2 September 2014

First Post - Why Youth Team Football?

Welcome to a brand new blog which will aim to focus on U18 football in England focusing on the Grade 1 Academy set ups in England. 

First of all this will probably not be pretty in parts it is just something to kill the time and so it may not look pretty but hopefully people will find it useful to have somewhere to keep up to date with the goings on at Youth Team level

Why focus on Youth team football? - I have followed youth team football for about 4 years now as a way of watching football and generally the league games at least are free to go and watch. I have always found it fascinating to watch to try and spot someone who may make the grade in a few years time. I am a Blackburn Rovers fan and so if it seems like I focus on them that's because it will be their games I go and watch against whoever they are playing. I only watch them in their home league games as and when I have nothing else on. 

This will mainly focus on U18 football as information is widely available regarding this but gets incredibly difficult at U16 and below. 

I will give my thoughts on opposition teams also and provide information on scores week by week, top scorers and any other information that catches my eye from around England at this level

I will probably also look at any England youth games and provide any news that I decide

Any suggestions to improve the blog I widely welcome

Thanks for taking a look around

























No comments:

Post a Comment